RANKINGS & PRIZES
2022 CASH PRIZES
You know what’s almost as awesome as spending your summer doing adventure races? COLD. HARD. CASH. Teams that participate in 3 or more RMAS races will be eligible for end-of-year series cash prizes! How many races is your team signed up for?!
End of season CASH Prizes for teams with most points accrued:
(Awarded per team)
2-person (coed or open):
- Teams must compete in 3 or more races to be eligible. If they race in more than 3, their top 3 finishes will be counted
- 3/4-person teams may have a roster of 5 different racers
- 2-person teams may have a roster of 3 different racers
- Teams acquire points based on the newly revised points system explained below.
- Teams must register with the same team name for each race, in order to be sure we track your team’s points correctly.
Points will be awarded according to the USARA formula.
Points are determined using a sliding scale (standard distribution) dependent on the published length of the race.
- <= 7 hours: 1st = 25 points
- <= 15 hours: 1st = 50 points
- <= 36 hours: 1st = 100 points
- <= 72 hours: 1st = 125 points
- > 72 hours: 1st = 150 points
Teams are then awarded points based on their OVERALL finish place in the race (regardless of division) based on the logarithmic distribution:
Team_Points = Max_Points_For_Race_Length * (1 – LN(Team_Finish_Place) * 0.24)
This gives the following distributions. Any team that finishes the race gets a minimum of 2 points. DNFs get 1 point.
The 2021 Season is finished and below are our winners!
3-4 person Co-Ed team winners… no one won this category because no 3-4 Co-Ed teams raced in 3 or more RMAS races.
2-person OPEN team… “Why Do You Ride Like Your Running Out of Time!” Chloe Rittenhouse and Ben Murphy.
Solo racer… “Team Taz” Danelle Ballengee.
The racer with the most points for the year was Chuck Scholpp. He won the KUAT bike rack.
Runner Up: Danelle Ballengee
Third place: Jamie Musnicki
Congratulations Adventure Racers!