8-HOUR TETON OGRE
If you’re looking for an adventure race in the wild and rugged mountains of Idaho (with the occasional touch of Wyoming thrown in), look no further! With the Tetons as your backdrop, the Teton Ogre is guaranteed to challenge even the toughest ogres, from beginners to experts. This page is dedicated to the 8-hour Teton Ogre. If you looking for the 24-hour version of this race, click here.
Stay tuned for more information as the race day approaches! Visit www.TetonOgre.com for the most up-to-date race info.
The 2022 Teton Ogre will be somewhere in/near/around beautiful Driggs, Idaho.
Racers will navigate the unmarked course by hiking/trekking, and mountain biking (dirt road/trail). There will be no paddling leg in the 2022 8hr race.
Racers can race as solo or on teams of two.
Please click here for a list of all required gear and equipment.
We will list nearby rental shops here, after ski season! (Local shops don’t take summer rental reservations until the spring).
We love our volunteers! If you are interested in volunteering for this race, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page and the race director will be in touch.
We are taking COVID-19 seriously and want to ensure that all our race participants, as well as our community, are safe. If necessary we will implement a plan and guidelines to keep in compliance with local communities in order to keep all involved healthy. For more information, click here.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
8-hour Race Schedule:
Saturday, June 25th
7:30am: Check-in and map pick-up
8:30am: Pre-race meeting (Mandatory for all racers)
9:00am: RACE START
5:00pm: RACE FINISH/CUT-OFF TIME
Plan to find lodging in or near the town of Driggs, Idaho. There are plenty of hotels, vacation rentals, and camping opportunities, just be sure to make your reservations early! Victor or Tetonia are nearby towns and also options for lodging.
- All racers and spectators must be prepared and willing to wear a mask and practice social distancing whenever at race headquarters or transition areas, (regardless of vaccine status).
- Final rankings will be as follows: A) Teams will be ranked by total number of points acquired. B) Teams will be ranked by fastest time. C) Teams not obtaining all mandatory CPs will be unranked, regardless of time.
- All CPs are worth 10 points each unless otherwise specified. There will be a combination of mandatory and optional CPs
- Teammates must stay within 50 meters of each other at all times.
- Racers must cross the finish line before the cut-off time or will be penalized by 2 points per minute for the first 20 minutes. Racers finishing more than 20 minutes late will be unranked. (In other words, don’t be late!)
- Penalty for a miss-punched CP (i.e., CP is punched in the wrong box) is 5 points per infraction. Pay attention when punching!
- If a team member must leave the course early, they must do so at a manned CP or TA and inform a race official. Please do not go home early without letting us know!
- Make sure you have all required gear at all times. Random gear checks may be performed throughout the course. Penalty for not providing required gear is 5 points per infraction.
- You will be traveling in bear country. Knowledge of bear country safety and etiquette is required. Bear spray must be easily accessible on the outside of your pack. Please review this website for some bear safety tips: Bear Safety
- Bikers must yield to horses and hikers.
- No E-Bikes
- NO biking off-trail! If you need to travel with your bike off-trail, you must get off your bike and walk.
- Bib numbers are to be pinned to backpacks and visible, one per person.
- We will be practicing Leave No Trace ethics. Pack out everything you bring in! Please tread lightly and be aware that this is bear country. We would be so psyched if when we swept the course we found ZERO trash!
- In the case of snow or mud (a large probability), please be considerate to avoid trail damage. Please walk bikes through deep mud to avoid rutting up the trails.
- No navigation devices that utilize satellites are allowed! No GPS or using your cell phone for anything other than taking pictures or in an absolute emergency. Bike odometers, barometric altimeters, and compasses are ok.
- Please no dogs on the course (exceptions may be made if you want to bring your pet Ogre).
Please stay tuned for race FAQs.
> 2 months before the race date we are able to offer a 75% refund.
1-2 months prior to the race date we are able to offer a 50% refund.
3-4 weeks prior to the race date we are able to offer a 25% refund.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the race, no refund is available. We apologize for any inconvenience but at this point, we have paid for all race expenses and have been planning on you attending.
Entries are non-transferable less than 2 weeks prior to race day.
NEED A TEAMMATE?
Are you needing a teammate to compete with in one of our races? Check out the Adventure Race Teammate Finder Facebook page for other racers looking for partners!