LEGION ADVENTURE RACING
Legion Adventure Racing Championship RMA Series 2023 will include 3 races from the RMAS line up this year: Genesis 12-Hour, Never Summer 24-Hour, and Bears Ears 8-Hour. (Due to the Bears Ears 36-hour not receiving a permit, the 8-hour race will be filmed.)
Genesis 12-Hour Adventure Race will take place on May 21 at Wellington Lake outside of Bailey, Colorado.
Never Summer 24-Hour Adventure Race will take place on July 15 at Eagle, Colorado.
Bears Ears 8-Hour Adventure Race will take place August 19 at Steamboat Lake State Park located north of Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
Racers will navigate the unmarked course by hiking/trekking, mountain biking (dirt road/trail), and paddling (either river or flat water).
Distances per discipline vary by race.
Racers must form teams of 2, 3, or 4 (open/co-ed) in order to participate.
Please consult each individual race page for information on renting equipment.
We love our volunteers! If you are interested in volunteering for this race, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page and the race director will be in touch.
We want to ensure that all our race participants, as well as the surrounding community, are safe. If necessary we will implement a plan and guidelines in order to keep all involved healthy. More information regarding this will be passed on as race day approaches if it is determined to be necessary.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
Please see individual race pages for details on race day schedule.
Please see individual race pages for details on lodging information.
Please see individual race pages for details on race rules.
- What type of races are these? Adventure Races require racers to use a map and compass to navigate through a course which includes, at minimum, biking, trekking, and paddling. Other disciplines may be added.
- How long are these races? These races can range from 4 hours to 10 days. For the Legion Adventure Racing Championship there will be a 12-hour race, 24-hour race, and 36-hour race.
- Is there mandatory gear for these races? Yes, please review the mandatory gear section above to find links to gear for each race.
- Do I need to have adventure racing experience to complete them? It is not necessary, but helpful. Definitely knowing how to read and understand a topographic map is a must.
- Do I need to have a team to participate? Yes, teams of 2 to 4 (Co-Ed or open) may participate.
Please refer to each individual race page on cancellation policy.
Generally, racers cannot be reimbursed if they cancel within 30 days of the race.
NEED A TEAMMATE?
Are you needing a teammate to compete with in one of our races? Check out the Adventure Race Teammate Finder Facebook page for other racers looking for partners!